ceramic easter egg
acrylic blue (Mayco 459)
acrylic yellow (Mayco 434)
black sharpie pen
1. wash and paint your whole egg yellow. Yellow is more transparent and the blue will cover it up.
2. after the egg is dry take type of painters blue tape, I use and tape it around the egg where the pants line will be. Remember put the tape at the top of the pants, not below the pants line. Now paint the bottom of your pants blue.
3. after the egg has dried again you will need to find something small and round. We used a large pen bottom. Dip the item (pen for us) into the silver paint and place two dots side by side on the top half of the egg. This should look like little silver eyes. Now you will need to spray your egg so that the paint is sealed.
4. set the egg aside to dry for a while. After the silver is thoroughly dry you can glue your goggle eyes onto the silver dots. Make sure to center them in the silver.
5. Last step is to add the bit of detail. Using a black sharpie pen you will draw a black line between the blue and the yellow to mark their belts. Then outline the silver dots, and draw a line around the top of the egg so the googles have a strap. Then last between the eyes and the pants draw a mouth. It can be a smile, an open mouth, or a frown. This is all up to you.
Thank you Vickie Mayberry for sharing this idea and taking the time to make four of them to share.
Now you have your minion egg! And the sky is the limit. There are so many possibilities. Don't let us stop you. I would love to see your eggs and the ideas you can come up with.